Saturday, March 19, 2011

Aftershocks: Japan needs you

“I am trying to respond with my toes but I can’t, maybe if I scream, someone will hear me but I am deaf and blind, worse still I stutter. Where are my brother and sister? Oh no I am stuck and this pain is too much, let me just lay still and think.

These voices in my head are telling me something, let me concentrate. Yes, I have found a way, let me stretch my hand a little and feel what’s near me. I can feel something cold, oh no, it’s a hand that seem to have been amputated, its sticky, I am tense now, this is not good, am I in hell?  Heaven is soft and warm, this is definitely hell, if only I could see.

One thing I remember is getting pulled by my brother and pushed under the bed and then I blacked-out. How long I have been this way, I can’t tell, Oh my God, don’t let it by my brothers, no please. And where are they, I am nervous now and getting agitated, I have to get away from this place. It feels so chilly. I know I am used being the dark since my birth but where I am, it’s more than that.

Yes, I have found what I have been looking for, it’s shapelessly round and rough definitely a stone. Let me throw it, as far as I can. And I am gonna throw everything within my reach, yes this one too. I know and I believe this way someone will hear the sounds am making and come to the  rescue.”
  Somedays like tsunami and earthquakes that hit Japan and New Zealand, it caught people off guard, with late warnings that others were too weary to run and too old to compete,Others who were physically challenged may have been caught in the mess. I am not there, I am far a way in Kenya, but I know someone who can’t get up,he/she is trapped between  fallen buildings and wrecked cars. He/she can’t move a leg or make a cry of help, but they are alive. Let’s not stop the rescue, lets continue the search and if you are far to donate help, then one thing is possible, A Prayer will do.

Japan, you will rise again and this too shall pass.

God is with you.













No comments:

Post a Comment